Sunday 16 July 2017

Carole's Sunday Review: Mistress of the Wind - Michelle Diener


Author: Michelle Diener
Title: Mistress of the Wind 
Genre: Fantasy, YA, and Retellings
Pages: ebook
Published: December 2013
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon freebie)

Bjorn needs to find a very special woman . . . 

The fate of his people, and his own life, depends on it. But when he does find her, she is nothing like he imagined, and may just harbor more secrets than he does himself.


Astrid has never taken well to commands. No matter who issues them . . . 
She's clashed her whole life with her father, and now her lover, the mysterious man who comes to her bedroom in darkness and disappears to guard his mountain by day as a bear, is finding it out the hard way. And when he's taken by his enemies, no one is prepared for Astrid's response. 

It is never wise to anger the mistress of the wind . . . 

A captivating and magical adult retelling of the fairy tale East of the Sun, West of the Moon.



I've heard so many good things about this and then it became an Amazon freebie. 


What an amazing and fun adventure this was. It was so magical and whimsical...I could hardly put this down. I finished this story after a couple of sittings. I for sure want more. 


The story follows Astrid and Bjorn. Astrid is a peasant girl who has a strange connection with the wind. Bjorn is a lord who is cursed by a troll and must find his true love in order to save himself and his people. 


The best part of this book was the fact that Bjorn saved Astrid, but Astrid saved him. No damsel in distress and that made it even better. In the end, they are equals. I do think that Astrid's journey was the best and her story was the best I think. 


I loved the world and characters. I want to learn more about this world and what it has to offer. I especially want to learn about the other Hags in more detail who helped Astrid master her gift. 


This was a good one and I do recommend this one. It is a very good retelling and it is written well. The characters and world was fun. Out of five stars, I'll give this 5 stars. 





11 comments:

  1. oh I love stories like this, where a couple helps and aids each other. Where its not just one sided. Sounds like a fantastic read here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole! I enjoyed this too when I read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, five stars for a freebie - it must be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it when the male and female characters are equals. The cover is also very memorable. A little resemblance to the movie:Frozen. #wewriwa

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is an attention grabber for sure, and the book sounds truly romantic. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a nice read. I had it on my tbr pile. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 stars and free! you can't beat that!

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it great when books you want to read show up as a freebie?! I am so glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. This does sound good. And I like that they both help each other.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP