Thursday 27 July 2017

Audio Review: Keeping it Hot - Sydney Landon

Zoe Hart owns the coffee shop in one of the hottest upscale resorts in Florida, run by her childhood best friend, Dylan Jackson. Even though Dylan is a workaholic, he still finds time to enjoy the beautiful women who pass through his hotel-all of them except Zoe. She has been in love with Dylan for years without him noticing. But with her thirtieth birthday fast approaching, she realizes she can't keep pining away for a man who doesn't show the merest sign of romantic interest in her. When Zoe launches her plan to shed her tomboy image in Dylan's eyes, she's thrilled once he starts to notice her in a whole new way. But she'll have to face the risk that seducing her best friend might come with lasting changes to their longtime friendship . . . 

My thoughts:
At first I wondered whether I would like Dylan. Nothing against him, it's just was he blind? But as the book progresses, nope he was not blind. Let me start from the beginning.

Zoe, omg, really girl, khaki shirts and a polo shirt, and you wonder why he does see you as one of the boys. I also do not get how anyone could wear a polo shirt in Florida, since here, well  if it is above freezing it is summer. But still in her clueless state she is a 29 year old virgin who works too much. I did not have a prob with her being 29 and a virgin. If she wanted to save herself then good for you. Though her not even getting to second base was a bit far fetched.

Dylan also worked too much. And he liked the ladies. But he is a good guy, and I liked how he appreciated his friendship with her. Also he had noticed that she was a woman, and he had thought about it, but the fugly clothes helps hide the fact she might be a hottie.

The book is about her wanting to give it a go, so she turns up the heat, dresses in a few showier pieces and makes him notice her. But the question is can their friendship survive it? And can they be more?

I enjoyed it.

Narrator Nicol Zanzarella
I actually did have a problem here, she had a drawl or something and I just get annoyed really quickly. I had the narration on 1.8p speed to make it better and that did make it better. That way I could enjoy the narration. I guess on slower speeds it was just one of those the voice did not click things.

But I still think it is a story better heard than read. Cos else maybe you would think too much of the whole why does not Dylan see her thing ;)

Audio CD, 6.5 h
Published July 11th 2017 by Tantor Audio
Breakfast in Bed #1
Contemporary romance
For review

28 comments:

  1. I don't listen to a lot of audiobooks so seeing how the narrator annoyed you, I think I'll skip this one on audio. Glad you enjoyed it, though--it seems to be cute! Wonderful review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and fun. I will look out for the ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one! Glad you enjoyed it even though the characters were ridiculous sometimes. Sometimes, I just want to shake some senses into these characters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review and yikes yes to annoying narrator voices I have my nails on chalkboard. Thanks for putting this on my radar

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sound super cute but I really don't like guys that don't take an interests in women unless they look hot. Personally, I dress for comfort. hehe But ahhh that's the way it goes I guess lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear ya! They are stupid blind asshats

      Delete
  6. Is there really any men like Daniel???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm listening to a book right now that even 1.5x speed (max in that app) is slow @_@ I'm going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to dl another app for this book cos when I went beyond 1.5 the sound got funky

      Delete
  8. +1 for Karen's comment and your response! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that speeding the audio up made it better for you. I use that option quite often. At 6.5 hrs I'd give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am speeding one at the moment, even to 2! It's feels like she is talking so slowly, I am ruined

      Delete
  10. Polo shirts are the preppy thing in FL. At least when I was growing up back then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to remember to pick this one up in audio format.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this author or listened to this narrator before. I don't usually think to try adjusting the speed so I am glad to hear that made it work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a cute book. I know what you mean about the narrator sounding better at a faster speed. I listened to a book where the narrator had huge pauses in her reading and I had to speed it up to get rid of those unnaturally long breaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really getting used to this higher speed things, I like it better. But then it does annoy me in Rl when people talk slowly, I am all get to the point! Bad me

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP