Sunday 9 July 2017

Carole's Sunday Review: May the best man win

Author: Mira Lyn Kelly
Title: May the Best Man Win (The Wedding Date #1)
Genre: Romance
Pages: ebook
Published: August 2016
Where I Got It: My shelf (Amazon)

Four friends
Each a Best Man at a wedding
One chance to get it right

Jase Foster can't believe his bad luck. He's been paired with the she-devil herself for his best friend's wedding: Emily Klein of the miles-long legs and killer smile. She may be sin in a bridesmaid dress, but there's no way he's falling for her again.

They can barely stand each other, but given how many of their friends are getting married, they'll just have to play nice-at least when they're in company. Once they're alone, more than just gloves come off as Jase and Emily discover their chemistry is combustible, and there may be something to this enemies to lovers thing after all...



It is the season for weddings and love! So it seems right to read a book or two with this as a theme. 

Now, this story follows Jase and Emily. They share some friends, but they hate each. Oh! And of course they are paired together to stand up in their friends' wedding. They go through a lot of fighting, talking, and getting to the root of their hatred to each other. 

First, I must say....what the hell is wrong with the bride and the groom???? They know they hate each other and they pair them off? SMH idiots. 

Anyways...

This seemed to never end. It dragged on and on and on and on. Sure, I love when it takes a long time for a couple to get over their hatred for each other, but c'mon. They had a lot of issues for sure, but I lost interest about halfway. I kept reading on, but I skimmed the rest.

Emily was annoying. She had a lot of issues and I get why she had such an issue getting with Jase, but still.

Jase was not bad and I felt for him. Yes, he was an idiot when he was a wee thing, but Emily needed to let it go. 

Well...overall, this was a let down for sure. It dragged on too long with limited plot and I am surprised I was able to even finish it. I'll stamp this with 1 star. 












10 comments:

  1. oh sorry to hear it didn't work out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hate to love romances but it needs to move forward. they can't just be bratty and stubborn about it.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this one sounds disappointing. Although I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wedding stories. I'm watching the netflix series and waiting for when Nick and Jess finally get married. If they do... sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol a couple getting married and they hate each other lol XD
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear it wasn't a good read for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a haters to lovers romance. Bummer this lost you half way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad! I picked this one up as a freebie a bit ago and had hoped I would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP