Sunday 30 July 2017

Too Scot to handle - Grace Burrowes

As a captain in the army, Colin MacHugh led men, fixed what was broken, and fought hard. Now that he's a titled gentleman, he's still fighting-this time to keep his bachelorhood safe from all the marriage-minded debutantes. Then he meets the intriguing Miss Anwen Windham, whose demure nature masks a bonfire waiting to roar to life. When she asks for his help to raise money for the local orphanage, he's happy to oblige.

Anwen is amazed at how quickly Lord Colin takes in hand a pack of rambunctious orphan boys. Amazed at how he actually listens to her ideas. Amazed at the thrill she gets from the rumble of his Scottish burr and the heat of his touch. But not everyone enjoys the success of an upstart. And Colin has enemies who will stop at nothing to ruin him and anybody he holds dear. 

My thoughts:
There are a lot of Windhams running around, and this series is about the Windham cousins. Sure people are mentioned but you do not need to have read about all those siblings finding love to enjoying this new series. Of course the more Windham the merrier and they are fun to read.

I liked Anwen. Not one thing wrong with her. A good head on her shoulder, sweet and she good with her orphans. 

Colin, well nothing wrong with Colin either. Two really nice people who fitted each other perfectly! And they knew it and they went for it.

Now I am not saying everything was trouble free. The orphanage that Anwen helps out with is in trouble. Money is needed and she wont leave them on the street.

But between that these two fall in love. There is some drama. There is this asshat. And then they live happily ever after.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed it, and the next one looks to be really good. I am a sucker for a Duke book.

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 385 pages
Expected publication: July 25th 2017 by Forever
Windham Brides #2
Historical romance
NetGalley

29 comments:

  1. This sounds really good... and the next book is a Duke book?! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy this kind of reads and she is actually an author I've been meaning to try for a while, perhaps it's time to squeeze one of her books in my reading schedule ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you have to try something by her :) I have read lots

      Delete
  3. This sounds good and a pretty cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny. There's some drama, there's an asshat and they live happily ever after. I love it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun and of course the orphan aspect is a heart wringer always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "there is an asshat" Isn't there always?? lol

    I have a few of her books on my shelf. I'll have to check with you to see if you've read them and I should bother.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. The title made me groan! I like cheesy puns as much as the next reader, but even that was too much for me :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed Grace Burrowes in the past but haven't read her in a while. Might need to rectify that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yay...you liked this one, I am going to make sure I read this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought they were a great pair, too. Oh yes, the next book looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adding this one to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really good! I love it when couples know that they're right for each other practically from the get-go, and who doesn't love a Scottish hero? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another author that I have been wanting to read for a long time. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP