Saturday 15 July 2017

Saturday Night Movie: The Girl with all the gifts

A scientist and a teacher living in a dystopian future embark on a journey of survival with a special young girl named Melanie.

Director: Colm McCarthy
Writers: Mike Carey (novel), Mike Carey (screenplay)
Stars: Gemma Arterton, Sennia Manua, Glenn Close, Dominique Tipper

1h 51 min
Drama, Horror, Thriller (2016)

Musings:
It was very British, yeah, you can certainly see where something is made. Even the music was very British, but then it was because I heard it in another creepy show.

A friend was all you must watch it! Oh...there are zombies. Dang, zombies give me nightmares.

It started a bit slow, and I did wonder if I would even bother. But it picks up, in this slow creepy way. And that end. Chilling.

The kid does a great job as this weird zombie hybrid. She does steal the show. And that end, damn. I can not get away from that.

So I would recommend it for it being different, fine for being British. They do make different zombies movies. But then it is based on a book, and even if I have not read it, well there are awlays different ways to adapt something and I liked the bleakness of it all.

But the cat, the cat! I wanted to cry.

Anyhow, good movie.



27 comments:

  1. Movies like that give me bad dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt dream of even watching! but thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this one. It was really different. My husband makes me watch all the zombie movies so I'm happy to find one we both like with a new spin on the genre.

    And that ending! lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was bored at first but then it got good

      Delete
  5. That sounds interesting. I'm not big on zombie movies but it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to watch this! I really enjoyed the book and I'm curious about the adaptation. I think I can stream it from Netflix or Amazon, so I should really do that soon.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the movie adaptation. I also loved the book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is not for me but I know a few people who would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the book so I was pleased to find I liked the movie as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really must try something by the author

      Delete
  10. I don't usually do zombies but this one was okay. The ending didn't make much sense for me. Maybe if I was in the character's head to understand her reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a big zombie fan either and still I watch the movies

      Delete
  11. I'm not sure I'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I'd heard of this. The cat? I don't think I want to know :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read this book. I might squeeze in the audio soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This movie looks tripped out. I thought about getting it but just haven't been sure. And nothing better happen to a cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was bored but...it got better as it progressed

      .....*silence*

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP