Friday 14 July 2017

Audio Review: Matthew - Grace Burrowes

Theresa Jennings strayed from the path of propriety as a younger woman, though now she'll do anything to secure her child's eventual acceptance on the fringes of polite society. Theresa will even make peace with the titled brother who turned his back on her when she needed him most. Matthew Belmont is a widower who's been lonely too long. He sees Theresa as a woman paying far too high a price for mistakes long past, and as a lady given too little credit for turning her life around. Theresa is enthralled by Matthew's combination of honorable intentions and honest passion, but then trouble comes calling, and it's clear somebody wants to ruin any chance Theresa and Matthew have for a happily ever after. 

My thoughts:
Look at that, another audiobook with a narrator I have to listened to more than once now. I am getting there audiobook world :D

Theresa was kind and troubled, but not showing it. She does have a wild past. Her brother might be a Baron, but she has an illegitimate daughter and we all know what people think about that. I liked her calm ways and how she had just moved on.

Matthew was such a good guy. A true gentleman. Standing up with the wallflowers and driving widows to church. It is seldom you come across a gentleman like that (I read about too many rakes ;)

Together they just made sense. He saw past her past, it did not bother him because he enjoyed her company. But since she is sensible she does understand how her past might tarnish him. So therein lies some drama.

The book is truly about them getting to know each other. They have long talks. They get to know each other and I believe when they fall in love.

Conclusion:
A sweet romance.

Narrator:
James Langton
This is my second Langton book and he does a good job with Burrowes. His calm voice fits her style. The women does sound a bit too something at times, but I do not mind. Because if I am to listen to a book by her, it should be by him now.

Cover
meh

Audio CD, 10 h
Published June 27th 2017 by Tantor Audio (first published September 22nd 2015)
Jaded Gentlemen #2
Historical romance
For review

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute read. I don't think I've listened to any audios where the narrator was from something else. Although, I'm new to audiobooks so that may be why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am new too :) But I I was reading a series so

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds like such a sweet romance! I've not heard of this narrator before, but after your high praise, I may have to check out some of his books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so used to listening to female narrators of historical romance but I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah another audiobook fan in the making :) I don't think I've heard this narrator. I'll have to give him a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great to run across a narrator you know and have enjoyed in the past. I've gotten to the point where I sometimes choose the audio version over print if I know who the narrator is and I'm a fan :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get that and I was the same with a series

      Delete
  6. Awwwe Matthew sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww sounds like a cute couple. Don't listen to the haters Theresa & Matthew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great glad you enjoyed it. Have read a few of her books and enjoyed them. I find it hard to listen to a male narrate romance so good he does it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only listened to male now and I am all, it should be like this

      Delete
  9. I haven't listened to any books with this narrator. Glad you liked his style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a few favourite narrators, too. But mostly those with an accent. Hahah! I haven't heard of this series before. It sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP