Thursday 20 July 2017

Our dark duet - Victoria Schwab

Kate Harker is a girl who isn’t afraid of the dark. She’s a girl who hunts monsters. And she’s good at it. August Flynn is a monster who can never be human, no matter how much he once yearned for it. He’s a monster with a part to play. And he will play it, no matter the cost.

Nearly six months after Kate and August were first thrown together, the war between the monsters and the humans is terrifying reality. In Verity, August has become the leader he never wished to be, and in Prosperity, Kate has become the ruthless hunter she knew she could be. When a new monster emerges from the shadows—one who feeds on chaos and brings out its victim’s inner demons—it lures Kate home, where she finds more than she bargained for. She’ll face a monster she thought she killed, a boy she thought she knew, and a demon all her own. 

My thoughts:
Omg that ending. I tried to look at her webpage of there are more books in the series, but the page was down. Woe is me! If not, well I mean in a way it was a perfect ending. It fits. In another way, I so need more from this world! This can not be the end. I do not want to leave yet.

The last book ended with a bang. Kate is hunting monsters in another city. August has embraced his inner monster and is keeping the city of Verity safe from monsters (well half the city, read book 1 to get that. Srsly, read book 1. Do not jump right in.)

Kate was still Kate, but August. He had just wanted to be human, and now, after his brother passed he had to step up. I felt his change and it saddened me. But this is a dark world.

I really can not even explain the world. Monsters that are burn when people die and they hunt people in different ways. A city torn apart by warring families. Everyone just trying to get by. A dark world that is not black and white. It is grey, very grey.

And now there is a new monster hunting, and it was a new scary one. And an enemy from book 1 is back too.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed this book. I read it fast too because I raced to the end. I needed to know. SO read it, but start with book 1.

Cover
Growing on me

Paperback, 470 pages
Published June 13th 2017 by Titan Books
Monsters of Verity #2
Paranormal / YA / Fantasy /Dystopia / UF
For review

41 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I obviously want to because Schwab! I hope there's more books for your sake! :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and loved Vicious but couldn't get into A Darker Shade of Magic...which one is this like??

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes...see I could not get into V but loved Darker.

      I feel this one was like neither

      Delete
  3. That sounds good and sounds like one I'd probably like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow I am definitely intrigued, great review, blurb and perfect cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me think I need to reread book one and then get on this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I'm so lost... clearly reading the first book is critical here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly I have heard so much about this author! Gotta read her now!! Love your review! ♡
    BTW I nominated you for Liebster Award Tag! :)
    http://booknauthors.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-liebster-award-tag.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read A Conjuring of Light before starting this series but still waiting for that from library...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have book 3 but the baby came and it is left untouched

      Delete
  9. Sounds like I need book one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you go to the author's website looking for more, says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of my friends have recommended Schwab's books, but I still haven't given them a go, so happy that you liked this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this and got all excited! I need t read these books. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your enthusiastic review :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a book that I know I need to squeeze into my reading schedule soon. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on the fence about continuing with this series. I enjoyed the first book, but the reviews I've seen for the sequel have been mixed, though I admit your reaction to the ending definitely has me curious!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, well it was not AS good. But it was different

      Delete
  16. I tried my first book of the author and liked it. I need to read more now

    ReplyDelete
  17. This series is high on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never read this author before, but this looks a book I need to add to my mountain of a TBR.☺

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad it was good! I hope it ended happily. I've been waiting for book two to come out before reading book one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awwwe I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that it had you so intrigued that you had to rush to find out what happened for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to read some of her stuff, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP