Wednesday 5 July 2017

Don't close your eyes - Holly Seddon

Twin sisters Robin and Sarah haven’t spoken in years.

Robin can’t leave her house. A complete shut-in, she spends her days spying on her neighbors, subtly meddling in their lives. But she can’t keep her demons out forever. Someone from her past has returned, and is desperate to get inside.

Sarah can’t go home. Her husband has kicked her out, forcibly denying her access to their toddler. Sarah will do anything to get her daughter back, but she’s unraveling under the mounting pressure of concealing the dark secrets of her past. And her lies are catching up to her.

The novel takes readers back in time to witness the complex family dynamics that formed Robin and Sarah into the emotionally damaged, estranged young women they’ve become. As the gripping and intricate layers of their shared past are slowly peeled away, the shocks and twists will keep readers breathless long after the final page. 

My thoughts:
I did not know what to expect. I kept waiting for that something, and it came, and I was all damn! But I can not say more, just, I did not see that coming! ;)

The book starts with Sarah getting kicked out by her husband and a lot of allegations are laid against her. So did she really do those things? What is going on? He seems so ruled by his parents.

Then there is Robin who does not leave her house and spies on her neighbors. What happened to make her have such a break down?

The book alternates between seeing them growing up. There is family drama. Sarah is the good girl, Robin is the one who follows along. Like all families there are issues but those are just issues. Slowly the tale does unravel.

I really liked the ending. I so wish I could say more, but oh you know, spoilers darling, spoilers.

Conclusion.
It's a good book that keeps building up to something and you just do not know what that something is. If that is her style then I would certainly read more by her, I like twists and surprises. A book that had me guessing and never getting it right.

Cover
meh

Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: July 6th 2017 by Corvus
Fiction / Suspense
For review

44 comments:

  1. I love a book like this that keep me totally engaged with the characters. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good book. I might have to check out the audio.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would work well for this one, if the author does the povs well

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the cover, and also your review-not giving away too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rare that a book keeps me getting guessing, so I'm totally curious about this one right now. I'll look into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! SO many are so obvi these days

      Delete
  6. Oh man now you have me wanting to know what happened!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will never get it out of me! Mouwahahah

      Delete
  7. This sounds great. I have to add this to my shopping list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when an author can surprise you. Especially when you know something is coming. Sounds like you may have found yourself a new author to follow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she has only one other book :/ M;ust check

      Delete
  9. I love books that keep me on my toes, lots of surprises are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprises are great, as long as they are exciting and good and not nasty

      Delete
  10. It has been a while since I read a book like that and so you peaked my interest. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me intrigued, this sounds like a really good read. And the title/cover put me on edge straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good, glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love twists and turns and not being able to guess the reveal. The twistier the better (if done well). This one sounds fun, I wonder why Robin spies on her neighbors ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was bored I guess, spying is fun ;)

      Delete
  14. And it must not have been something ridiculous, which is sometimes a failing of such books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. MORE SPOILERS!!!! LOL I'm bad xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, sounds like a really twisted thriller with one messed up family. Just the kind of suspenseful drama I like :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, I love twisty mysteries! And the fact that you were happy with the ending makes me want to pick this up. I'm off to see if they have this in audio book version. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go have a look, I think that would work great

      Delete
  18. It looks good, I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many twisty thrillers these days. They aren't really my thing but maybe I need to give a few a try.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not want to compare them in a few since it gets twisty just at the end

      Delete
  20. I enjoyed her previous book. I should check this one out.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP