Wednesday 19 July 2017

Cursed - Sue Tingey

Lucky's being wooed by Jinx, the sexy Deathbringer and Jamie, the gorgeous Guardian, so the daemon world isn't too bad 

But before Lucky can really start to enjoy her new life in the Underlands, Kayla's men are slain and Kayla herself is kidnapped by the Sicarii, assassins-for-hire members of a death-cult.

Lucky's nemesis Henri le Dent has somehow escaped the Chambers of Rectification and court torturer Amaliel Cheriour is also missing . . . and daemon princess Kayla is just bait to catch Lucky.

For Lucky's own powers are growing, and Amaliel has his own nefarious paln to use her. But first, he has to get past her Guards, not to mention Lucky herself . . . 

My thoughts;
Ok so when I said book 1 was light, I never meant light as in the story is light. And the same goes for book 2. There is darkness, death and danger. But the writing feels light, it's not too long and it's one of those read in a book day.

Oh and there is romance now. And yes I have to confess, there is a triangle, but see, it does not bother me cos there is no triangle. There is never any oh who to choose? See this gal is all, f that, both are mine. And both are hers to do what she wants with. So no triangle, just 3 demon-humans falling for each other. Well, all I say you go girl and go for it.

But this was not a romance book, she thinks about her hotties, but there is no time for romance as her sister gets kidnapped. And someone is after her too. There are assassins to run from. A father growing mad. And the whole she can see dead people thing, and in the underlands that is not a good thing. The dead tell tales. 

I enjoyed it and like I said before I read it in a day. Once again it ended with a  cliffie that was not a cliffie. Everything is sort of good for now, but you know things will go down in the next one. I am also glad I have the next one so I can find out what will happen.

Conclusion:
Hottie demons, evil minions and a fun read. On to the next one at once

Paperback, 400 pages
Publication: May 5th 2016 by Jo Fletcher books
The Soulseer Chronicles #2
Fantasy
For review

34 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book that I would enjoy. I'm going to add book one to my TBR.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hottie Demons and evil minions count me in! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next one must be even more intriguing, nice review and the cover is really good too. Hope you are having a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, glad you enjoyed this heroine's approach to romance! Two guys? Good for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome. Now you have me thinking of adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. This sounds interesting. This wouldn't normally be my thing but I'm intrigued. I'll have to add this series to my GR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a book that I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like full of action and a read to engage with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good. I'll have to read #1 first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on her just saying F the triangle and having both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about the writing being light :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great :D It was just so hard to explain

      Delete
  12. Wow, you devoured book two already, and so soon after book one. Series must be good :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly book 3 had to wait a bit cos I had other books that had to be read

      Delete
  13. My my, she does have a lot to keep her occupied. It sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! Glad it was good. And yeah forget the triangle- why pick when she can have both? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. darkness, death and danger. Three of my favorite things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always think when there's a potential triangle...just keep em both! So...yay! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate triangles, so I don't know if I can trust that a triangle is not a triangle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just 3 people who love and like to have smexy times. No bad feelings

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP