Thursday 13 July 2017

Marked - Sue Tingey

With no family and very few friends, Lucky’s psychic ability has always made her an outcast. The only person she can rely on is Kayla, the ghost girl who has been with her since she was born.

But Kayla is not all that she appears.

And when Lucky is visited by a demonic assassin with a message for her friend, she finds herself dragged into the Underlands – and the political fight for the daemon king’s throne.

Lucky, trapped in the daemon world, is determined to find her way home… 

My thoughts:
I liked this, the underworld, well it's just fun. And it was light and it left me wanting more.

Lucky can see dead people, and her best friend since childhood is one. Kayla, the friendly neighborhood ghost. Lucky also wrote this book telling the world how fake mediums are and they all hate her now. So now all she has is Kayla. She was a bit of a hermit, poor girl. I guess it's like that with all ghosts running around.

Then someone comes for her help and the adventure begins. Adventure and adventure, more the danger, the secrets and the demons.  Lots of demons. 

And the secrets were juicy. I also liked the world she created and the dramas unfolding. The end was something too. All is nice, but all is not nice. So sort of a cliffie and not a cliffie. I mean stuff is going down, but for now it's nice. Until something happens. I am very glad I have book 2 nearby.

Conclusion:
I liked the start to this series and stay tuned as there will be more. Fingers crossed for some budding romance too ;)

Paperback, 346 pages
Published May 7th 2015 by Jo Fletcher Books
The Soulseer Chronicles #1
Fantasy
For review



33 comments:

  1. That cover is so bland! The plot sounds like fun though. I'm not much of a fan of books with ghosts, but glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice not nice, cliffie not a cliffie

    *giggles*

    https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2048381443

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's not often you see light and the underworld in one comment. I think this is right up my alley. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a different world than what we think

      Delete
  4. I like that mysterious cover for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds creepy and good! Nice that you have the second book nearby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good and a girl who is a bit of a hermit...I can relate to that. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing bad with being a hermit sometimes

      Delete
  7. Sounds good. Not thrilled with the cover though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I actually think I have this book somewhere on my shelves, now I can't wait to check it out!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like you are hooked. Like that in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky can see dead people now that's some interesting twist! ;)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good! I really like the cover. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover is not all bad.The story sounds exciting. Glad you enjoyed it and was able to read book 2,immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a lot of fun. I love that her best friend is a ghost :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmmm not sure about this one. Is it YA? The cover looks like it's YA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting find!!! I don't understand how the cover mixes in...but the story sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds pretty fun :) the cover would not have gotten me, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  17. now I'm curious to see what you think of book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP